Wednesday

STOP FOLLOWING TRENDS, BE YOUR OWN TREND, FOLLOW YOUR OWN RULES OF STYLE.

Stop and ask yourself, "Do I follow whats in?". One of many things that bother, which has always bother me, was how people follow trends. Do you not know that fashion repeats it self,it just happen to be updated. I have always like vintage
wear because it was old, and special in its own way. Now we have people turning it
into a trend. Everything that we are wearing, my mother and my aunts have wore. For
example, I found an old picture of my mom wearing a black lace turtle neck tunic long sleve dress. She was wearing thigh high boots and all long black leather coat.
This was in the 70's, so skip years later, I see young girls calling it the new whatever. They say thats the trend, then in like a few months they will be on another
trend.

I do not follow trends, because they will fade out. I brought my first pair of harem pants when no one wanted to wear them. Now all of sudden people are. One girl I know was already doing the stockings with jean shorts and boots before everyone got into it. Now people are diregarding that look. And we still wear that look. If you own a piece of clothing that may be outdated or not the trend, still wear it anyway. Follow your own trend, not the trend of the world. Be you, and only you.

3 comments:

Monique said...

So true, a lot of stuff that people say are out of style end up coming around again at some point. I have quite a few things that used to belong to my mom that I wear now.

Boutzie' said...

I'am exactly the same way. She gave me a biker jacket that is older than me. And see I did not have to go out and buy one.

The Haute Bitch said...

totally.

www.thehautebitch.com