Wednesday

Ash Weds and Lent Season.

Hello lovies, it is about that time yet again. For those that have been with my blog since the beginning know what I'm talking about. Lent Season.

Are you guys ready yet again to follow me on this journey? I thought so.

If you are not familiar with Ash Weds and Lent here this is what is:

Ash Wednesday, According to Christian tradition, in the Western Christian calendar, is the first day of Lent and occurs 46 days (40 days not counting Sundays) before Easter. It is a moveable fast, falling on a different date each year because it is dependent on the date of Easter. It can occur as early as February 4 (February 5 on leap years) or as late as March 10.
Ash Wednesday derives its name from the practice of placing ashes on the foreheads of adherents as a sign of mourning and repentance to God. The ashes used are typically gathered after the palms or Palm Crosses from the previous year's Palm Sunday are burned.[1]
This practice is common in much of Christendom, being celebrated by Catholics, Lutherans, Methodists, Presbyterians, and Anglicans
This time around for lent, I have decided to detox my whole mind, body, and soul. With the whirl wind year I had I need to. I feel like I having been living the way God wants me to live. Since the passing of my dad last September I just have not been right. I have always been drinking but not as much as I had in the last couple of weeks, and I been smoking (not ciggs). Last year when I did it, I was stress and depress, and just sad. So I turn to that to relieved my tension, and ended up liking it. I know most you are probably saying, what nooooo, but yes. So I decided to give it up, along with drinking. I also reverted back to my party girl ways that I thought I got rid of. College life can make old habits come back. And then my mind set has change. I'm rebelling again, and this time I caught it before it got out hand. So this lent season it's about detoxification. I got my life together, but then I don't.

Follow me guys on this journey once again. Let's see.

Boutzie'

No comments: